Sunday, February 28, 2010

Straight Guys Love Disney: Fact.

I may or may not have experienced one of the most hilarious things in the world last night.
I get a text message from one of the guys I live with and all it says is "Lion King"

And I'm confused. What about it?
Well he and three other guys were about to watch it downstairs and I guess I'm special enough to get this prestigious invite.

Now, I love me some Lion King so I hauled it down two flights of stairs.
Just in time to hear the loudest rendition of Circle of Life I had ever heard.
By four straight guys.
I couldn't even sing along with them I was laughing so hard. They knew all the words to every song and were even enraged when they found out that the movie was a special edition and that there were a couple of extra songs in there that just didn't belong.

It was probably the gayest thing I've ever seen, but it was hysterical.
Luckily I was able to hold it together to sing along to the rest of it with them. I believe our next Disney movie night will be the old animated Alice in Wonderland before we all inevitably go out together to see the new Tim Burton movie.

Also, I got them to admit that no animated Disney movies are chick flicks. They have the same love for The Little Mermaid that they have for Lion King. According to them, Disney princesses or no, its all good.

You all heard it.
Document it and tell your man.
And then sit yourself down with some good Disney movies.

0 comments: