Saturday, January 2, 2010

Break is the Best

I love winter break.
I'm going to hate my life when winter break no longer exists.

All I've been doing is sleeping and watching the Blackhawks. Its so nice to just kick back and have nothing to do. I've been working, but not a lot. I actually called into work tonight because I have a sinus infection and an ear infection. What a way to start the new year!

Anyway.

New Years eve started out pretty good. I went shopping at Woodfield with my mom, intent on spending my Christmas money and gift cards. Funny thing, though, the only thing I ended up buying was an adorable tea pot from Anthropologie. It was on clearance and it was calling my name. I'm considering it as saving things up for my future badass apartment.


I already have visions in my mind about how I'd like to decorate. Sure, my taste may change in a few years, but hey... you can't go wrong with an adorable tea pot for $15. Sure, there were no cups that went with it, but I love to mix and match stuff, so its cool.

The rest of New Years eve? It was a bit sketchy. I wasn't sure what my plans were all day, but I knew who I was going to hang out with. Well it turns out that it was me and one of my girlfriends and then two of our really good guy friends, one of whom was in town for just a few days. I was really excited until I heard that their girlfriends were coming. I hadn't met either of them, but apparently one of them already had a bit of a bad reputation. I don't know what for, so I just went with an open mind.

They seemed nice enough, but they barely spoke the whole time we were there and just sort of cuddled with the boys like Mary and I were some sort of threat. It just made the whole evening really awkward. At least Mary and I had each other, us two lonely members of the singles club.

Either way, I'm glad that 2009 is over and I'm looking forward to what 2010 will bring. To quote my friend Ivan "Hopefully 2010 will be like a Japanese game show--you never know what's going on or what's gonna happen, but you know it will be entertaining".

That's really how I'd like it to go down. Japanese game shows are hysterical, I can only hope that my life would be as interesting.


Also, a quick "suck it" to my Typography professor.
Thanks for the B+ a-hole.

1 comments:

Erinello said...

What an adorable teapot. Which reminds me, my friend came over and made tea today in the thing Mike gave me. And actually, even though I wouldn't drink a whole cup of it, it was probably the best tea I've ever had. :)

I love the Japanese game show analogy. Although I kinda hope 2010 isn't THAT crazy.

Hope you are starting to feel better!