Saturday, November 15, 2008

I feel like a mole person.

This weekend is going to consist entirely of me sitting around in my room working on an inflatable sculpture. Yep, you read that right. I have a whole crap load of plastic sheeting and duct tape and am crafting it into the likeness of a crab.. that will hopefully inflate when we take the shop vac to it. So I feel like I'm stuck in a cave since my room is sooo messy. I can't even walk in it right now, seriously. I keep telling myself that I'm going to clean it, but I know that I won't.

Anyhoot. I got my nose pierced on Wednesday. That's right, I did it! I love it. On top of it all, I went BY MYSELF. My friend Bridget was supposed to go with me but it turned out that she couldn't. So I was walking by the place later on that day and I thought to myself 'Whats stopping me?'. So I went in, told the guy I wanted my nose pierced, filled out the paperwork and waited. There were two people ahead of me getting piercings so I was sitting there for a good half hour. Then it was my turn. I told the guy that I was terrified of needles and he told me not to worry. He told me what he was doing as he did it and before I knew it, it was over! Its still a bit sore, but that'll stop in a few days.

One week left until I get to go home for Thanksgiving break and I am soooo excited. I seriously cannot wait. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a break before. I've had soo much to do. Next semester is probably going to be worse but at least I don't have to get up for a 9am class everyday. I'll have a 9.30 on Tuesday and Thursday and 11am on Monday and Wednesday, and I managed to get Fridays off! Yaaaay! Now I can go home for loooong weekends!! That and once January comes, the pledge semester will be over, thank goodness! I can't wait for that. I'm so sick of having to do all this work for the Frat. Once Spring semester comes, it'll be my turn to be the one watching the new kids do it!!

2 comments:

Erinello said...

I am so excited you got your nose pierced! And you were so brave to go alone. I told my mom you were going to get it done, and she was like, "Aunt Kathy is going to freak out!" Does your mom know that you went through with it?

I can't wait for Thanksgiving either. I'm not sure why. I love that we get a break, but as I get older, I really enjoy the time spent with family, too.

Good luck with your inflatable sculpture!

Payton said...

That's so great you got your nose pierced!
Your mom totally isn't going to care, is she?