Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Addictions + Other Stuff

This week is going to be a busy week for me. I have a paper to start, an animation to finish, a portrait to finish, my apartment to clean for guests this weekend. I need to start my Italian speech and meet my group members for my Rhetoric presentation. Its odd, because I don't feel all overwhelmed when I really should. When I get to listing everything I need to do this week I'm not that afraid. Of course, this probably has something to do with the arrival of unofficial this Friday where I will be drunk all day and forgetting about all of these things.

I'm starting to find that I have a couple of addictions. Luckily, they are not to drugs or other such things. No, my addictions are actually quite tame and borderline boring. I am addicted to kettle chips and crossword puzzles. Honestly. Give me a bag of kettle chips and a book of crosswords and I could happily entertain myself for hours. This, of course, does not help me in class when I should be paying attention and am instead agonizing over a four letter word for something obscure. Oh well.

Not much else going on in my life. Nothing new on the puppy front. I thought I had my dad this weekend. I was so close! I saw the cutest Bernese Mountain Dog puppy and fell in love instantly but no. Dad is pretty set on wanting a boxer but I think I can actually convince him into getting a Bernese. They are, without a doubt, the cutest puppies on earth. Seriously, google them, you won't be disappointed. I'm in love with the breed and if we don't get one, that will be the first thing I get when I start living on my own after college. I do, however, have a new pet! I bought myself a goldfish the other day when I came back to school from a weekend home. I named him Stanley and his little bowl is on our glass coffee table. He seems to enjoy watching TV and trying to eat his fake pink plant. Its not a puppy, but its something to feed :)

I have a lot of fun things coming up too, which can distract me from my work! Next week I'm going to karaoke night, the week after its Spring break. After that, the first weekend of April is our Formal for the frat. We'll be having a murder mystery party, awesome! I'm doing a bone marrow drive sometime in April too, and in May I'll be doing an MS walk! One of my Aunts has MS, so its really important to me to walk in this with my frat. Of course, it'll be a pain but I'm going to try to get donations and organize fundraisers down here. I'll probably post a link up to my page on the MS Walk website so people can donate to me online. I'm not sure how long the walk is, but it will be fun. In June, it will be time for Relay for Life again, which I am SUPER excited for. I love relay. I've done it for the past two years and look forward to doing it again this year! So although I have to work, at least I have some things to look forward to.

Oh, and a quick shout out: To the guys upstairs who threw their George Foreman grease all over our door, SCREW YOU. Its disgusting.

0 comments: