Monday, September 22, 2008

Still Without Internet.

It sucks how much we depend on computers nowadays.

I've been without internet at my apartment for a grand total of 5 days and its driving me nuts. Its annoying to have to trek to a campus wireless area every time I have to check my e-mail, which nowadays is pretty often. I get emails from TAs, clubs, the fraternity that I'm now a pledge of (Alpha Rho Chi, the professional art & architecture co ed frat), and various other people and places.

I have assignments that I have to do online as well and its difficult to find a quiet place on campus to get them done. That's what my apartment is for. My roommate and I have totally different schedules [or one of us is usually napping] so the apartment is usually pretty quiet. That's why I like getting all my work done there. I'm getting a part of my laptop replaced on Friday [really glad I went with the extended warranty on this one] and today I'm having another part replaced, so I guess I'll see if they have any other temporary solutions.

Everything is online these days, whyyy? Its usually convenient, thats why, but once it stops working, you're screwed. Damn.

In other news, my cold is almost gone, yay. My roommate still sounds awful, though. We're both sleeping all the time, its pathetic.

Oh awesome, and now I've just remembered that they are sealing our countertops today so its going to smell awful when I get home. Ewwwww, noooooooo! :(

Well, I guess that gives me incentive to stay out here and do work instead of going home to a crappy smelling aparment. The semester is almost 1/3 done now, wow! Time flies, even though I've only been in class for like a month... Oh well, that just means I'm that much closer to catching a break, yes! Theres one thing I miss about high school... occasionally, we'd get a day off. I miss institute days!!! The only day I had off this semester already passed and that was labor day. I remember back in middle school there was always that question of whether or not we'd get columbus day off. No questions in college, we don't get it off, haha, no way!

And here I thought that it was good when things were certain. Pffft.

0 comments: