Saturday, September 13, 2008

You Know its the Weekend When...

Let me describe to you the joys of living in an apartment complex of mostly men. The corner of my apartment has floor to ceiling windows. There's an outdoor walkway connected to one side of that and when they all inevitably get drunk on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday [and other various days of the week], they like to mosey on down the walkway and pee off the balcony while I'm sitting watching what not to wear and baking cookies. Needless to say, I got more than one eyeful last night. The funny thing is, is that after they're done, they come to my door and ask me if I saw them and then apologize and tell me to come out and party with them.

I'm obviously not adverse to partying [example: Last weekend when I was carried out unconscious from my neighbor's apartment because I'd had waaay too many shots], but they convinced me to go to the bars on Thursday night, and now I'm tired and I am currently a little bit bitter about the partying scene. Two nights ago, after I'd gone to bed my roommate came home and turned on the hall light. Result? The guys in the apartment complex behind us who were partying on their balcony saw her through her bedroom window, threw a paint can and broke the window. Needless to say she called the cops on their asses and they have a nice police report filed against them and we have a shiny new window. Looove it.

So anyway, I now have a raging cold. I spent all of today laying on the couch and watching movies. Well, at least its a good weekend to be sick. I mean, really, its been raining a shit ton, so I wouldn't have gone anywhere anyway. Woo hoo! Heres to hoping I don't get more balcony guests tonight peeing and banging on my windows.

1 comments:

Erinello said...

Katie, I don't know how you do it. I couldn't live like that. Do you have curtains for those floor to ceiling windows?

It's nice that the boys want to party with you, but I'm glad you're not out drinking every night. It gets old fast.